|July 12, 2023
Log on: 8.15am
|Online||T - +61 7 3231 2400
It is absolutely essential that employers comply with the legal obligations owed to employees. Failure to comply with employment laws can result in significant penalties for employers and individual decision makers. There have been recent changes to legislation affecting employers, and COVID-19 has created further complexities.This interactive program will update employers on important changes and discuss the most common mistakes made by employers. It will give participants a working knowledge of employee wages and conditions to ensure legal compliance.
Topics for discussion include:
- the new pay secrecy laws
- proposed changes to parental leave
- changes affecting contractor relationships
- changes affecting casual employees
- complying with the National Employment Standards (traps and tricks)
- understanding key provisions in modern awards and recent changes
- essential terms in contracts of employment
- understanding the need for policies and procedures
- understanding employers' obligations with respect to employee records and payslips.
We hope you can join us.