|March 09, 2023
|Cooper Grace Ward
Level 21, 400 George
Brisbane Qld 4000
|T - +61 7 3231 2400
With the recent changes to the Fair Work Act, employers can expect to see a greater number of claims being made by employees who are becoming increasingly aware of their legal entitlements.
When defending claims made by employees, such as underpayment claims, employers often engage lawyers and forensic auditors to undertake an assessment of their exposure and risks, based on any gaps in their systems.
Annie Smeaton, partner at Cooper Grace Ward Lawyers, and Ron Holtshausen, partner at KordaMentha, have an in-depth understanding of common errors made by employers and the practical ways that employers can enhance their systems to prevent being exposed to claims and legal proceedings.
Join Annie and Ron for this lunchtime seminar where they will discuss:
- the range of claims that can be brought by employees, such as underpayment claims for allowances, penalties and overtime
- the limitation period for employees to bring claims and the records that will assist in the auditing process
- the common mistakes made by employers from a legal and auditing perspective
- the Fair Work Ombudsman's compliance and enforcement powers for contraventions of the Fair Work Act
- steps that employers should take when responding to claims
- practical tips for employers to enhance their systems to prevent being exposed to claims.
We hope you can join us.