Ogier's investment in regulatory compliance continues with the dedicated Take on Team tripling in size and regulatory specialists taking on bigger roles within the Global Risk and Compliance team.
The Risk and Compliance team – which works across the Asian, Caribbean and European timezones – has also been restructured, with key members progressing to new, group-wide roles.
The dedicated Take on Team has grown from six at the end of 2017 to a full complement of 20, supported by the firm's Service Innovation Team and process mapping experts.
Among the recent changes:
- Anna Bettencourt has been promoted to Compliance Manager within the Risk and Compliance team and has been responsible for delivering the Business Risk Assessments, CDD Matrix, the Compliance Monitoring Plan and National Risk Assessment reporting.
- Charlotte Dixon has been appointed Client Take-on Operations Manager with responsibility for client on-boarding globally, leading a team of 15 administrators in three jurisdictions who handle the regulatory requirements relating to client take-on for Ogier
- Ciara McDonough has progressed to Client Take-on Assistant Manager with an oversight role reflecting her technical knowledge and her role in training colleagues
- Jonny Singleton has been promoted to Senior Administrator. With 5 years' experience and a BSc International Financial Services, he has a strong understanding of Jersey's AML/CFT Handbook and Funds Services Business and Trust and Company Codes of Practice,
- Jordan Spencer has progressed to Administrator and is currently working towards his ICA Advanced Certificate in CDD
Ogier's Director of Services Innovation Doug Mackenzie said: "These changes reflect our market-leading approach in responding to regulatory change and the increasing amount of international and local legislation and regulatory demands.
"Charlotte's new role excels in developing others and driving forward initiatives to improve process efficiency and service delivery.
"Anna's new role reflects not just her experience in the banking sector and her proactive approach, but also her innovative work in exploring how technology can improve internal processes and the overall client experience."
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.