On its website, the Customs Department has notified all economic operators that the following processes will be undertaken electronically/remotely as from 1 April, 2020.
- The uploading of all supporting documents to the import and
export declarations for full load and groupage consignments in the
National Import and Export System (NIES).
- When a declaration of full load container is selected for
documentary check, the check is performed as soon as the Economic
Operator sends an email to the Customs Office (at email@example.com)
with the Local Reference Number (LRN). The economic operator
will be contacted when original documents are required.
- Freeport terminal gate passes will be processed electronically
(applications at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- For booking of containers selected for physical inspection
(import), economic operators are being requested to call on
- For the processing of transit documents (T1, T2L and T2LF),
EUR1 and ATR certificates inward and outward applications, end-use
and temporary admission (TA) and other procedures related with
export consignments, the relevant documents are to be sent by email
- For the booking of consignments selected for physical inspection (exports), economic operators are being requested to send an email to call on 25685141 / 25685167
Should you have any queries or wish to discuss further, please send an email to email@example.com.
Originally published 01 April 2020
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.