Asia IP & TMT: Quarterly Review
In this edition, we look at:
Trade Marks – China
- Beijing IP Court says NO to Trademarks Filed in Bad Faith
Arbitration – Hong Kong
- New Arbitration Ordinance Amendment Clarifies that IP Disputes are Arbitrable in Hong Kong
Data Privacy – Hong Kong
- Always On Track? The Hong Kong Privacy Commissioner Issues Guidelines on Tracking and Monitoring by Devices
- The Pitfalls of Networking: Individual's Conviction Upheld for Transferring Personal Data for Direct Marketing Purposes
Data Privacy – China
- China Issues Interpretations on Criminal Offenses Involving Infringement of Citizens' Personal Information
Cybersecurity – Hong Kong
- All "Hacked" Out: The Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission Issues Proposals to Reduce Hacking Risks
To view the full article please click here.
Previously published Second Quarter 2017
Visit us at www.mayerbrownjsm.com
Mayer Brown is a global legal services organization comprising legal practices that are separate entities (the Mayer Brown Practices). The Mayer Brown Practices are: Mayer Brown LLP, a limited liability partnership established in the United States; Mayer Brown International LLP, a limited liability partnership incorporated in England and Wales; Mayer Brown JSM, a Hong Kong partnership, and its associated entities in Asia; and Tauil & Chequer Advogados, a Brazilian law partnership with which Mayer Brown is associated. "Mayer Brown" and the Mayer Brown logo are the trademarks of the Mayer Brown Practices in their respective jurisdictions.
© Copyright 2016. The Mayer Brown Practices. All rights reserved.
This article provides information and comments on legal issues and developments of interest. The foregoing is not a comprehensive treatment of the subject matter covered and is not intended to provide legal advice. Readers should seek specific legal advice before taking any action with respect to the matters discussed herein. Please also read the JSM legal publications Disclaimer.