Keywords: disclosure, revised guidance, CIS applications
This quarterly update (October to December 2014) highlights recent developments in Hong Kong capital markets practices:
DISCLOSURE REQUIREMENTS AND GUIDANCE
- Revised guidance – accounting and disclosure requirements - acquisitions of subsidiaries and businesses – stub period comparatives
- Voluntary inclusion of unaudited financial information of the companies acquired after the track record period – allowed
PROCEDURES AND WAIVERS
- Revised guidance – confirmations required on the accountants' report, pro forma financial information and profit forecast in Application Proofs
- Placing of shares by lead brokers – to connected clients holding on behalf of independent third parties – consent requirements
- CIS applications – guidance on documentary requirements and administrative matters
Visit us at www.mayerbrownjsm.com
Mayer Brown is a global legal services organization comprising legal practices that are separate entities (the Mayer Brown Practices). The Mayer Brown Practices are: Mayer Brown LLP, a limited liability partnership established in the United States; Mayer Brown International LLP, a limited liability partnership incorporated in England and Wales; Mayer Brown JSM, a Hong Kong partnership, and its associated entities in Asia; and Tauil & Chequer Advogados, a Brazilian law partnership with which Mayer Brown is associated. "Mayer Brown" and the Mayer Brown logo are the trademarks of the Mayer Brown Practices in their respective jurisdictions.
© Copyright 2014. The Mayer Brown Practices. All rights reserved.
This article provides information and comments on legal issues and developments of interest. The foregoing is not a comprehensive treatment of the subject matter covered and is not intended to provide legal advice. Readers should seek specific legal advice before taking any action with respect to the matters discussed herein. Please also read the JSM legal publications Disclaimer.