- New testing and quarantine requirements based on vaccination status and exposure to COVID-19
The government of Bahrain has announced new testing and quarantine procedures based on vaccination status that will go into effect on Oct. 15, 2021. Vaccinated or recovered individuals that hold a Green Shield (Bahrain's vaccination digital passport) who have come into contact with an active COVID-19 case will:
- No longer be required to undergo a quarantine;
- Be required to take a PCR test 1 day after exposure and 7 days after exposure
For individuals not holding a Green Shield, who have come into contact with an active COVID-19 case will:
- Be required to undergo a 7-day quarantine;
- Be required to take a PCR test at the beginning of the quarantine period and 7 days after exposure
What are the Changes?
Quarantine and testing requirements have been changed for individuals exposed to COVID-19 based on vaccination status.
Continue to check Envoy's website for future updates.
Originally published 14, October 2021
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.