On 14 November 2019 the ECOFIN Council adopted and published a revised EU list of third country 'non-cooperative jurisdictions in tax matters' (commonly ref erred to as the EU ' blacklist') and a revised EU list of third country 'co-operative jurisdictions subject to the successful delivery of their commitments' (commonly referred to as the EU ' greylist').
As a result of the latest revision:
- Belize has been moved from the EU 'blacklist' to the EU 'greylist'.
- North Macedonia has been removed from the EU 'greylist' due to succesfull delivery of its commitments.
The revisions above were preceded by another adoption and publication of a revised EU 'blacklist' and a revised EU 'greylist' by the ECOFIN Council on 17 October 2019. As result of this earlier revision:
- United Arab Emirates are no longer listed due to successful delivery of their commetments.
- Marshall Islands have been moved from the EU 'blacklist' to the EU 'greylist'.
- Albania, Costa Rica, Mauritius, Serbia and Switzerland have been removed from the EU ' greylist' due to succesfull delivery of their commitments.
For your ease of reference, the latest revised lists (i.e. after the above revisions) are set out below:
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.