CYPRUS RELOCATION - THE COMPLETE GUIDE
Facts about Cyprus:
- Population: About 1.2 million
- Capital city: Nicosia (also the largest city)
- Main languages: Greek, Turkish and English
- Main religion: Christianity
- Time: GMT+2
- Currency: Euro (EUR)
- International dialling code: +357
- Internet domain: .cy
- Emergency numbers: 112 (European), 199 (local)
- Road traffic: Driving on the left
- Most of the people in Cyprus are english speakers so the communication is effortless
- Cyprus is one of the safest countries in the world
- Cypriot culture has been influenced from ancient history; Cyprus was ruled by the ancient Assyrians, Egyptians, and Persians, before falling into the hands of Greeks again when it was conquered by Alexander the Great.
- Cyprus is the only divided country in the world, in 1974 after the Turkish invasion the island was divided into South and North sides. The South side, also known as the Greek Cypriot side, is a member of the EU. Most people relocating in Cyprus prefer the South side for the economic benefits, safety, legal system and high quality lifestyle.
- Cypriot hospitality is widely known. If you are hanging out
with Cypriot friends don't be surprised if they invite you for
dinner at their home!
Commuting; transportation tickets are cheap, no matter how far you are travelling with a bus (€1.50), however the timetables are not followed, so expect delays. Transportation sector is brand new for Cyprus and there is definitely a possibility for improvement. On the other hand taking a taxi can be perceived as relatively expensive taking into account the short distances within cities
- Expect traffic, lots of traffic in the 2 main cities, Nicosia and Limassol
- Sunny weather almost all year around, approximately Cyprus has 300 and 340 sunny days a year and the winter is much warmer than any other countries in Europe.
Feel free to explare our articles, FAQs and very valuable information about the relocation to Cyprus by clicking here. We also have numerous videos on YouTube where we explain the detailed process - click here.
- Visas and Work Permits
- Cyprus Accommodation - information expenses etc
- Cyprus Transportation
- Cyprus Health Care System (GHS)
- Telecommunication in Cyprus (TV & Internet)
- Cyprus Lifestyle / Traditional Food
- Cyprus Lifestyle / Seaside / Entertainment
- Cyprus Bank account opening expat
- Cyprus Tax System
- Cyprus Company Incorporation
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.