As part of the national effort to cope with the outbreak of the Coronavirus, various authorities have issued guidelines and relief to non-profit organizations and public benefit companies.
- Reception: In general, there is no reception and no in-person service will be given in all the offices of the Corporations Authority, except for emergency cases, after receiving a prior approval, while taking precautions. We are available to assist in arranging an urgent meeting accordingly.
- On March 31, 2020 the Corporations Authority announced that it will no longer allow documents to be filed in the deposit boxes. It is possible to send via mail (preferably trackable registered mail). Contact details should be provided including telephone and e-mail address to which confirmation or other references will be sent, as applicable. It is important to keep a copy of the (mail) submitted documents.
- The response time for handling physically submitted reports is likely to exceed the usual treatment time (and maybe by a lot!). In general, online submission is recommended. The board members, CEO, and the auditor of non-profit organizations, as well as Directors of PBCs that are registered with the Corporations Authority system, may submit some of the reports online, even without a smart card, through government identification. We will be happy to instruct and guide you in this regard.
- Even on these days the Corporation Authority allows the registration of non-profit organizations and PBCs, but will not handle voluntary dissolution processes.
- Pledge registration by e-mail: As of March 26, 2020, attorneys may submit pledge registrations requests by e-mail via smart card.
- Extension: An automatic, across the board, extension of 45 days is granted for filing deadlines regarding documents and information, set for non-profit organizations, public benefit companies and public endowment trustees, by the registrar or a CPA on its behalf as part of an audit, with no need to file a request. We assume that if the crisis continues, further extensions will be given.
Please note that pending completion of the required submissions, no applications will be considered regarding the proper management of non-profit organizations or of public benefit companies that were required to complete documents or clarifications as a condition for review.
To view the full article please click here.