The MOFCOM introduced on the regular policy briefing news conference the special operation to be implemented on improving business environment for foreign investments.
In the near future, the MOFCOM will
- release policy document about optimizing the environment of foreign investment;
- continue to reduce the restriction on foreign investment, and enhance the facilitation level;
- deepen the implementation of pre-establishment national treatment and negative list management system;
- increase the efforts on protection of legitimate rights and interests of foreign investment; and
- advance the Free Trade Zone development.
According to the new conference, 45,922 foreign-invested enterprises were established nationwide in the first nine months of 2018, up 95.1% year on year. The actual Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) totaled 97.96 billion dollars, up 6.4% year on year. Against the background of 41% drop in the global FDI for the first half of this year, China's FDI inflow keeps a stable and improving momentum.
AFD China Newsletter is intended to provide our clients and business partners information only. The information provided on the newsletter should not be considered as professional advice, and should not form the basis of any business decisions.