A recent press release revealed the list of top 100 Chinese companies filing the most PCT patent applications in 2018, specifically based on the data published by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) from January 1, 2018 to October 31, 2018. Huawei Technologies Co Ltd ranked the first with 4466 PCT patent applications, followed by ZTE Corporation and BOE Technology Group Co Ltd, noting the dominance of information technology companies in the domain.
With the acceleration of economic globalization, more and more Chinese companies are going abroad, laying out their patent portfolios internationally and participating in international competition and cooperation actively. According to WIPO, the number of PCT patent applications from China had increased from more than 18,000 in 2012 to more than 48,000 in 2017, with an average annual growth of 21.3%. In 2017, China's PCT patent applications ranked second in the world.
The table below is the list of the top 20 Chinese companies filing the most PCT patent applications from January 1, 2018 to October 31, 2018.
- HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO LTD
- ZTE CORPORATION
- BOE TECHNOLOGY GROUP CO LTD
- GUANGDONG OPPO MOBILE TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP LTD
- TENCENT TECHNOLOGY (SHENZHEN) COMPANY LIMITED
- SZ DJI TECHNOLOGY CO LTD
- MIDEA GROUP CO LTD
- SHENZHEN CHINA STAR OPTOELECTRONICS TECHNOLOGY CO LTD
- WUHAN CHINA STAR OPTOELECTRONICS TECHNOLOGY CO LTD
- HKC CORPORATION LIMITED
- BYD COMPANY LIMITED
- CHONGQING HKC OPTOELECTRONICS TECHNOLOGY CO LTD
- HEFEI XINSHENG OPTOELECTRONICS TECHNOLOGY CO LTD
- SHENZHEN ROYOLE TECHNOLOGIES CO LTD
- YULONG COMPUTER TELECOMMUNICATION SCIENTIFIC (SHENZHEN) CO LTD
- QINGDAO HAIER WASHING MACHINE CO LTD
- GUANGZHOU SHIYUAN ELECTRONICS CO LTD
- BEIJING XIAOMI MOBILE SOFTWARE CO LTD
- GREE ELECTRIC APPLIANCES INC OF ZHUHAI
- SANECHIPS TECHNOLOGY CO LTD
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.