2019-12-04 – Temporary residents are increasingly turning to flagpoling to receive fast immigration services such as a work permit or new permanent residence status.

Flagpoling is the term given to when a person already in Canada leaves and returns without crossing into the USA, in order to activate a new permanent resident status, be granted a renewed study or work permit, or a change of status, for example from visitor to work permit holder.

The process puts extra burden on Canada Border Service Agency staff, and can create delays at already busy border points.

To read this article in its entirety please click here

Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.

The content of this article reflects the personal insight of Attorney Colin Singer and needs no disclaimer