Despite being a firm's most valuable asset, best practice around building a legal brand is very much lacking. In this episode of the CMO Series, Alistair Bone is lucky to be joined by a legal marketer setting the best practises around law firm identities and brands.
Valerie Brennan, Chief Marketing Officer at Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP, has been on the journey of defining the firm's brand multiple times and brings us her expertise on how to build a brand that effectively reflects and influences the clients, capabilities and goals of the firm.
On the podcast, Valerie shares:
- Why brand is central to marketing in all industries and the defining factors which are unique to legal marketing, plus her own experience with law firm brands
- What makes an effective legal brand and how firms can begin to identify what their brand should be
- What the key influences are that firms should take into consideration when planning for their brand
- The outputs firms should expect from undertaking a branding exercise
- The first steps in rolling a brand project out to the wider firm
- How marketing teams can achieve buy-in and the consensus needed to start, and then implement the brand changes
- Best practice tools to support any firm’s branding project
- The biggest challenges and stumbling blocks in any branding exercise
- Advice for marketers considering this kind of project
The CMO Series from Passle is the must-listen podcast for professional services marketers. Listen in as they host the leading voices from across the world of professional services business development and marketing to discuss how firms can be more authentic, effective and take advantage of the growth opportunities on offer today. New episodes are released every Tuesday.