The Corrs Construction Law and Projects Legal Update provides a concise review of, and commercially-focussed commentary on, the major judicial and legislative developments affecting the Australian construction, major projects and infrastructure sectors.
In this edition, we consider and offer key takeaways from a number of recent cases and developments, including:
- One security of payment regime to rule them all (Keywords: Murray Review into security of payment)
- Contract rights excluded from the stay on the exercise of "ipso facto" provisions (Keywords: ipso facto reforms)
- CPB Contractors Pty Ltd v Rizzani de Eccher Australia Pty Ltd  NSWSC 1798 10 (Keywords: urgent and declaratory relief)
- Low v MCC Pty Ltd  QSC 6 26 (Keywords: injunction restraining claimant from enforcing adjudication)
- John Holland Pty Ltd v Adani Abbot Point Terminal Pty Ltd (No 2)  QSC 48 28 (Keywords: indemnity costs; excessive material in litigation)
- Mann v Paterson Constructions Pty Ltd  VSC 119 30 (Keywords: quantum meruit)
- Brighton Australia Pty Ltd v Multiplex Constructions Pty Ltd  VSC 246 32 (Keywords: contractual bars to claims under the Australian Consumer Law)
- Clough Projects Australia Pty Ltd v Floreani  WASC 101 36 (Keywords: payment claims; multiple disputes; implied contracts)
- And more
Also featured in this edition of the Corrs Construction Law and Projects Legal Update are updates from our energy and resources, environment and planning, property and infrastructure and employment, workplace relations and safety teams on relevant developments in their areas.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.
|Chambers Asia Pacific Awards 2016 Winner
Client Service Award
|Employer of Choice for Gender Equality