Keeping abreast of employment-related legal developments can be challenging. To help you stay up to date, Corrs Chambers Westgarth contributes to the Asia Employment Law: Quarterly Review, a regular e-publication covering employment-related legal developments in 14 jurisdictions across Asia.
In their chapter this quarter, John and Anthony provide comment on several key employment law developments in Australia during 2018, including:
- Victoria's long service leave legislation being updated to increase flexibility and early access to long service leave;
- the Federal Court confirming substance over form when assessing casual employment in WorkPac Pty Limited v Skene  FCAFC 131;
- updates to Modern Awards in relation to requests for flexible working arrangements and termination payments;
- changes announced by the Australian Government in relation to the Working Holiday Maker Visa Program; and
- the Victorian Parliament passing legislation providing for long-service leave portability for cleaning, security and community sector workers.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.
|Chambers Asia Pacific Awards 2016 Winner
Client Service Award
|Employer of Choice for Gender Equality