National (September 29, 2022) – Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG) is pleased to be once again recognized as a top law firm by Chambers Canada.
In this year's 2023 Chambers Canada guide, BLG received a total of 165 rankings, including 112 lawyer rankings and 53 practice area rankings with 14 of those practice areas ranked Band 1 (Top Tier). These recognitions demonstrate our diverse legal expertise and emphasize that our clients, colleagues and peers recognize BLG as a leader in the legal industry.
BLG proudly received Band 1 rankings in the following practice areas and regions:
- Charities/Non-profits – Nationwide – Canada
- Construction – Nationwide – Canada
- Corporate/Commercial: Highly Regarded – Alberta
- Corporate/Commercial: Highly Regarded - Ontario
- Employment & Labour – Nationwide – Canada
- Employment & Labour – Québec
- Healthcare: Contentious – Nationwide – Canada
- Healthcare: Corporate/Commercial & Regulatory – Nationwide – Canada
- International Trade/WTO – Nationwide – Canada
- Investment Funds – Nationwide – Canada
- Litigation: General Commercial – Alberta
- Privacy & Data Protection – Nationwide – Canada
- Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use – Ontario
- Transportation: Shipping – Nationwide – Canada
In addition, the following BLG lawyers received Band 1 rankings:
- Danny Kaufer, Employment & Labour - Québec
- Dennis O' Connor – Dispute Resolution: Most in Demand Arbitration – Nationwide – Canada
- Éloïse Gratton – Privacy & Data Protection – Nationwide – Canada
- Glenn Zakaib – Litigation: Product Liability – Nationwide - Canada
- Guy Pratte – Litigation: Administrative & Public Law – Ontario
- James Douglas – Litigation: Securities – Ontario
- Jean-Marie Fontaine – Transportation: Shipping – Nationwide – Canada
- Jesse Goldman – International Trade/WTO – Nationwide – Canada
- Lynn McGrade – Investment Funds – Nationwide – Canada
- Richard Shaban – Construction – Nationwide – Canada
- Victoria Prince – Charites/Non-profits – Nationwide – Canada
Furthermore, the following nine young lawyers have been identified as "Up and Coming":
- Andrew Hennigar, Corporate/Commercial – B.C.
- Anne Merminod, Dispute Resolution: Class Action (Defence)
- Brandon Evenson, Intellectual Property, Nationwide – Canada
- Denes Rothschild – Competition/Antitrust – Nationwide - Canada
- François Joli-Coeur – Privacy & Data Protection – Nationwide – Canada
- Isaac Tang – Real Estate : Zoning/Land Use – Ontario
- Lisa Hiebert – Restructuring/Insolvency – Nationwide – Canada
- Ryma Nasrallah – Charities/Non-profits – Nationwide – Canada
- Sarah McEachern – Dispute Resolution: Arbitration – Nationwide – Canada
See the full list of BLG lawyers recognized in 2023 edition of Chambers Canada.
Chambers Canada rankings are determined by a team of full-time researchers who conduct interviews with lawyers and clients worldwide. With the help of Chambers' editors, these researchers identify and rank Canada's best lawyers according to performance in the areas most valued by clients, including technical expertise, business acumen, prompt delivery and value for money. Learn more about Chambers Canada and their selection process on their website.