September 15, 2022 - 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Over the last year, there have been several important developments that will continue to shape the securities litigation and regulatory enforcement framework.
Join members of Blakes Securities Litigation group as they discuss recent key legal developments and trends, as well as what clients should turn their attention to in the next year.
- Regulatory changes, including to the Ontario Securities Act, the new tribunal form and what this could mean for the future of enforcement.
- Recent decisions in civil securities matters and contested securities transactions, and their potential impacts.
- Securities litigation intersecting with ESG issues, including ESG-related actions.
- Sean Boyle, Partner, Vancouver
- Allyson Hopkins, Associate, Calgary
- Andrea Laing, Partner, Toronto
- Alexandra Luchenko, Partner, Vancouver
- Doug McLeod, Partner, Toronto
- Ryan Morris, Partner, Toronto
- Renee Reichelt, Partner, Calgary
- Simon Seida, Partner, Montréal
- Daniel Szirmak, Associate, Toronto
September 15, 2022
12 – 1 p.m. (ET)
1 – 1:15 p.m. (ET)
Mandatory Continuing Education
This program is eligible for up to 1 hour and 15 minutes of Substantive content.
Please note that pursuant to the amendments to the Règlement sur la formation continue obligatoire des avocats (Regulation respecting mandatory continuing education for lawyers – available in French only) of the Barreau du Québec, which came into force on April 1, 2019, the status of "recognized provider" and the mandatory "recognition" of activities have been abolished.
Blakes will continue to provide you with a confirmation of participation for your records. As stipulated in the above-mentioned regulation, members must preserve supporting documents attesting their completion of training activities for a period of seven years beginning on April 30 following the end of the reference period during which such activities were completed.
This program has been accredited for up to 1.25 CPD Credit Hours with The Law Society of British Columbia.
Blake, Cassels & Graydon (U.S.) LLP has been certified by the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board as an Accredited Provider of continuing legal education (CLE) in the State of New York. This seminar is appropriate for newly admitted and/or experienced attorneys and has been accredited for up to 1 hour of CLE credit.