A COMPILATION OF COMPREHENSIVE LEARNING SOLUTIONS, BESPOKE TRAINING SESSIONS, SPECIALISED WORKSHOPS AND COACHING SESSIONS.
Sep 20, 2022
Sep 20, 2022
This is an online training
This live 2-hour training session is part of the AML/CFT investment funds series which consists in four training modules. Attendance to the four modules is possible and recommended, but not mandatory.
By the end of this session, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT) legal and regulatory framework applicable to Luxembourg funds, management companies and other financial institutions dealing with investment funds and their practical implications
- Point out the latest legal and regulatory developments related to AML/CFT;
- Understand how roles and responsibilities are allocated with service providers and delegates
- Determine the key elements of an adequate organisation, notably the roles and responsibilities of the person responsible for compliance with AML/CFT (RR) and the person responsible for the control of compliance with AML/CFT (RC)
- Identify the latest trends in terms of CSSF supervision and the key elements of CSSF off-site and on-site inspections
- Be aware of their obligations when cooperating with the authorities, including the no-tipping off rule and suspicious cases reported to the authorities
- Identify, assess and understand the ML/TF risks in the fund industry
- Take into consideration the ML/TF risks when designing their risk appetite
Module 1: AML/CFT framework and allocation of roles and responsibilities
- Good reasons to take AML/CFT obligations seriously
- What is new in the legal and regulatory framework?
- Allocation of roles and responsibilities
- Internal organisation, including the roles and responsibilities of the RR and the RC
- External supervision
- Cooperation with the authorities, including no-tipping off rule and typologies of ML/TF suspicion cases
Module 2: Identifying, assessing and understanding the ML/TF risks
- ML/TF threats within the collective investment sub-sector
- Focus on products, services and transactions
- Focus on customers i.e. investors
- Focus on delivery channels
- Focus on countries and geographical areas
- Focus on the asset (investment) side
- Focus on tax predicate offence indicators
- Measuring the risks and defining your ML/TF risk appetite
Alexandra Ciacareanu(Senior Manager, Arendt Regulatory & Consultilng)
Karim Djedid(Senior Advisor, Arendt Regulatory & Consultilng)
Experienced professionals in charge of front office, administration, legal and compliance functions in management companies, self-managed investment companies and other professionals of the financial sector supervised by the CSSF
Point of attention
We will ask attendees to complete aquiza few weeks after the session. We send training attendance certificates in case participants attended the complete sessionandcompleted the quiz.
Please refer to our training agendato view further dates on AML.