"Hawksford Hosts: The Expert Series" is a hybrid series designed to present specialised advice from legal, tax, and accounting corporate professionals in APAC countries, and to discuss topics complementing the interests of global business companies and investors.
Thanks to the support of regional and international experts, this series of presentations is an opportunity to explore and discuss technical topics in order to identify business expansion solutions and advice. We will also be inviting our global partners, intermediaries, and clients to join us for the subject matters they are interested in.
Topic: Australia business outlook
- Date: 29 June 2022, Wednesday
- Time: 6pm to 7pmSGT
- Venue: 16 Raffles Quay #32-03 Hong Leong Building Singapore 048581 or online for global participants
- This is a hybrid event so you may join us in person if you are in Singapore.
Our first event will be with the Australian government and our Australian partners to discuss investing in Australia and the business outlook. The subsequent events will include discussions with more Legal Advisors, such as Clifford Chance, and Government Bodies, such as the Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB), to further explore expansion in Asia by foreign investors.
We invite you to join us in the first of our expert series. Hear from our guest speakers and experts on the business outlook in Australia, particularly investing in Victoria and New South Wales, as well as hiring top talent and scaling your recruitment efforts.
1. Opening by Dario Acconci, Managing Director of Hawksford
2. Sharifah Khairunnisa, Senior Investment Manager, Invest Victoria
Victorian Government Trade & Investment - Invest in Victoria
"Why Melbourne for tech companies"
Victoria is fast becoming the hotbed for startups and is now home to innovative companies from Southeast Asia such as Homage, NCS and Bukalapak. In the session, you can learn about:
- How companies can tap into the services of Invest Victoria to scale into the state
- Opportunities in Victoria and Melbourne for startups
- Talent attraction
3. Jeremy Blackshaw, Managing Partner – International, Minter Ellison
"Australia Inbound Investment" focuses on industry sectors and recently released a Private Capital report.
- The continued resilience of Australia's private capital market.
- The main market sectors and industries attracting foreign investment and industries likely to benefit from pent up demand as the borders re-open.
- Other areas of opportunity that exist (including distressed debt) and the role that debt funds will play in the Australian market.
- Likely implications of rising energy prices, inflation and the withdrawal of emergency financial support measures, despite investor optimism.
4. Graham Lim, Senior Partner Manager for ASEAN, Globalization Partners
"Going Global Compliantly: How to Hire Top Talent in Australia"
How to navigate these challenges and provides valuable insights on:
- What you need to know before hiring in Australia
- How to hire remote talent compliantly
How to leverage technology for your global growth efforts.
5. Questions and Answers
6. Closing and conclusion by Dario Acconci, Hawksford
7. Networking session