In 2020, the world has seen the highest IPO capital raising activity in a decade with no signs of stopping in the first part of 2021. For a company considering an IPO, careful planning and consideration is required to access the public markets.
On Monday, April 12 at 12:00 pm ET, Shearman Women hosted a webinar on key insights that companies should evaluate as they commence IPO readiness planning to determine the steps they need to take to become SEC compliant. The panelists also provided guidance for navigating the IPO process and outline strategies for meeting the legal and practical challenges that arise during IPO planning.
The webinar also covered:
- Current state of the IPO market, including SPACs, de-SPACs and direct listings
- Considerations at the planning stage of an IPO
- Overview of the IPO process and tips for managing it
- Due diligence and drafting the Form S-1 registration statement
- Corporate governance and compensation considerations
- Post-IPO reporting and disclosure requirements and communications and trading restrictions
- Kristina Trauger, Partner – Shearman & Sterling
- Gillian Emmett Moldowan, Partner – Shearman & Sterling
- Cassandra Cuellar, Associate – Shearman & Sterling