Co-Hosted by Foley Hoag LLP and ACC – Northeast
Social media platforms present countless opportunities for companies looking to connect to consumers and clients in real time. But, like so much else in our connected age, these opportunities come with a host of risks ranging from minor public relations blips to unpleasant regulatory run-ins with government agencies, and from DMCA takedowns to right of publicity lawsuits.
Foley Hoag, in partnership with the Association of Corporate Counsel – Northeast Chapter, present a webinar offering guidance on social media issue spotting for in-house legal practitioners and executives, with a focus on intellectual property, publicity rights and advertising.
- Social media complaint procedures, pitfalls and "clearance" best practices
- Advertising claims, endorsements and disclosures in the social media context
- Right of publicity and ambush marketing
- Defamation, disparagement and harassment
- Trademark protection and enforcement
- Copyright, the DMCA and Fair Use
- Reputation management
- Parodies, fakes and critics
- Providing social media guidance for your employees
- Naser Baseer, Senior Legal Counsel, Twitter Inc.
- Joshua Jarvis, Partner, Co-Chair, Trademark, Copyright & Unfair Competition Practice, Foley Hoag LLP
- David Kluft, Partner, Co-Chair, Advertising & Marketing Practice, Foley Hoag LLP
- Natasha Reed, Counsel, Co-Chair, Trademark, Copyright & Unfair Competition Practice, Foley Hoag LLP
- Jenevieve Maerker, Counsel, Foley Hoag LLP