The Withers' charities and philanthropy team have once again been recognised as a top tier practice by the leading directories Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners for 2023.
Industry insiders have commented favourably on our practice including by making the following statements:
- 'Withers is without doubt one of the most trusted of all our legal partners and in reality, probably the best. What makes it unique is the lawyers' accessibility, always up to date knowledge and the whole solutions-focussed ethos of the firm. A credit to the legal profession.'
- 'Withers is one of our top choices to provide bespoke legal advice of a complex nature. They simply are the top of the top, full experts in their field and they relish a challenge.'
- 'We are always impressed by the availability of the team and the speed at which we will receive a response, especially from the partners.'
- 'The lawyers have a great ability to grasp complex issues and get into the depth of the problem to provide solutions. They are willing to listen and adapt their advice to our context.'
- 'The Withers team has a breadth of experience that they apply in a pragmatic manner which really helps when they have given us advice in really complex situations. They understand the sector very well and what impacts it and us as a charity.'
- 'The team has excellent technical knowledge. I rate them extremely highly for specialist charity legacy disputes, especially with a cross-border or complex tax element.'
- 'The team was very sharp - they knew all the answers to our questions.'
- 'The Charities and not-for-profit team in Withers has provided exceptional advice to our company for years. The lawyers have a vast knowledge of the sector and no problem or issue was ever too much for them to answer.'
Our practice is renowned for advising 65% of the UKs leading charities. From advising on governance and regulation through to real estate, philanthropy and reputation management and much more besides, Withers is involved in the issues that are shaping the future of the sector.