Andrew Eisenberg and Richard Nugent, partners in the Firm's Tax Practice, will serve as panelists at PLI's "Tax Strategies for Corporate Acquisitions, Dispositions, Spin-Offs, Joint Ventures, Financings, Reorganizations & Restructurings 2022" conference on Thursday, November 17.
This program will focus on the tax issues presented by the entire spectrum of modern major corporate transactions, from single-buyer acquisitions of a division or subsidiary to multi-party joint ventures, cross-border mergers, and complex acquisitions of public companies with domestic and foreign operations, including spin-offs and other dispositions of unwanted operations.
The program will include the following topics:
- Key risk allocation issues when negotiating and drafting provisions in acquisition agreements
- The relative merits of taxable transactions versus tax-free reorganizations and spin-offs, and when it is best to employ one transaction over another
- The tax implications of transactions involving special purpose acquisitions companies ("SPACs")
- Leveraging the tax benefits of using partnerships, and other passthrough entities, in joint ventures or as acquiring entities
- Tax efficient strategies in the acquisition of loss companies
- The impact of new and evolving rules on cross-border acquisitions and restructurings
- The ethical pitfalls you may encounter when providing tax opinions and recommending return positions
Mr. Eisenberg's panel will discuss "Interesting Corporate Transactions of the Past Year" and Mr. Nugent's panel will discuss "Tax Strategies for Financially Troubled Businesses and Other Loss Companies."
REGISTRATION AND CLE CREDITS
For more information on this webinar, including registration and CLE details, please visit "Tax Strategies for Corporate Acquisitions, Dispositions, Spin-Offs, Joint Ventures, Financings, Reorganizations & Restructurings 2022" on the PLI website.