For companies at market entry stage, the most important decisions to make are about which countries to target, based on a series of criteria including access to skills and business regulation. But the impact of moving people to work in a different country should not be overlooked.
Want to know what to consider before expanding for the first time? Here are our key takeaways:
- Make sure you know all the ins and outs of a new country before entering into an international venture
- Consider all practicalities of operating in a new country
- Make yourself aware of local regulations
- Development and foreign investment agencies are there to help you understand the local business climate
- Consider working in a shared office space at the start
- Don't underestimate the complexity of cross-border employment
- Have your in-house HR department team up with local experts in the field
Want to find out how we can help you expanding abroad? Check our Effortless Expansion page and download our guide.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.