Wills is one of the ways in the process of planning for succession in the United Arab Emirates. Wills are an added advantage to avoid any unforeseen circumstances. The clients had an option to register the Will either with the Dubai Courts or the Dubai International Financial Center (the DIFC) Courts. Now, they can register their wills with the RAK International Corporate Centre (RAKICC)
Only in five simple steps, can the registration of the wills be done:
- Drafting the Will by the DIFC Wills draftsmen
- Share the draft to the RAKICC probate and wills registration department
- Booking the registration appointment by email or completing the information sheet that is provided
- The testator will attend the registry with the identification document, will and a witness to make his signature before
- Making the payment as per the terms and conditions
This is speedy and much cost-effective procedure which the RAKICC has introduced. The intention is to provide certainty of the wealth distribution and appointment of guardianship. It is believed to be reliable than the will that is notarized.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.