The US House Committee on the Judiciary has scheduled a hearing for Tuesday, July 24 at 10:00 am EDT in 2141 Rayburn House Office Building. According to a press release circulated recently, the topic of the hearing will be "[e]xamining the Wayfair decision and its ramifications for consumers and small businesses." According to comments made by House Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-VA) to Bloomberg Law, specific pending or former legislation will not be considered and instead the hearing will be informational and used to drive the committee's next steps, if any.
The 8 witnesses that will be testifying at the hearing next week are listed below.
- Grover Norquist, Americans for Tax Reform President
- Chad White, Class-Tech-Cars, Inc. Owner
- Lary Sinewitz, BrandsMart Executive Vice President, on behalf of the National Retail Federation
- Bartlett Cleland, American Legislative Exchange Council General Counsel and Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer
- The Honorable Curt Bramble, National Conference of State Legislatures Past President
- Andrew Moylan, National Taxpayers Union Foundation Executive Vice President
- Joseph Crosby, MultiState Associates Incorporated Principal
- Andrew Pincus, Mayer Brown Partner
A live video feed of the hearing will be available here next Tuesday. The authors plan to attend the hearing in-person and will post a follow-up blog summarizing our thoughts shortly after the hearing concludes next Tuesday. Stay tuned!
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.