WilmerHale's annual IPO, Venture Capital and M&A Reports offer insights into market conditions and provide comprehensive statistics and analysis that are hard to find elsewhere.
The 2018 IPO Report offers a detailed IPO market review and outlook, plus useful market metrics and articles on topics of interest, including:
- Rates of adoption of JOBS Act relief by emerging growth companies (EGCs)
- Recent changes to SEC staff policies intended to encourage public offerings, including the new nonpublic review process available to non-EGC companies
- The pitfalls and opportunities presented by initial coin offerings
- New SEC guidance on cybersecurity disclosure
- Tips for boards overseeing cybersecurity risk
- The increasing use of multi-class capital structures by US technology companies
- The emergence of Regulation A and direct listings as alternatives to traditional IPOs
- Important elements of the IPO process, including the underwriting agreement, board requirements, and disclosure obligations for company directors, officers and stockholders
The 2018 Venture Capital Report offers an in-depth US venture capital market review and outlook, including industry and regional breakdowns, as well as a look at the following issues:
- The benefits and challenges of pre-IPO "crossover financings"
- The opportunity to defer income from private company equity under a new section of the federal tax code
- Important considerations in IPO planning by VC-backed companies
- Trends in venture capital financing terms, convertible debt terms, and VC-backed company M&A deal terms
The 2018 M&A Report provides a detailed global M&A market review and outlook, as well as insights on the following topics:
- Takeover defenses for public companies
- Factors to consider in M&A transactions that could be subject to "entire fairness" review
- Strategies to combat frivolous M&A lawsuits
- Legal issues that can arise in cross-border deals
- Potential changes to the CFIUS landscape
- FCPA considerations in M&A transactions
- A comparison of deal terms in public and private acquisitions
- Key terms and issues in sales of VC-backed companies
Each report also includes a center spread highlighting prominent recent transactions in each area and company counsel rankings from independent sources showing WilmerHale's preeminence as counsel in IPOs, VC financings and sales of VC-backed companies.
To request copies, contact WilmerHale's Client Development Department at ClientDevelopment@wilmerhale.com or call +1 617 526 5600.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.