Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency has postponed the effective date of the Regulation on Information Systems of Banks and Electronic Banking Services published in the Official Gazette dated 15 March 2020 and numbered 31069 ("Regulation") from 1 July 2020 to 1 January 2021 excluding certain provisions, with the Regulation Amending the Regulation on Information Systems of Banks and Electronic Banking Services published in the Official Gazette dated 20 June 2020 and numbered 31161 ("Amendment Regulation").
In this regard, the following provisions of the Regulation will enter into force on 1 July 2020, and the rest on 1 January 2021:
- Article 13 on creation and follow-up of leader records,
- Article 29 on the management of the external service purchase process,
- Paragraph 13 and 15 of article 34 on authentication and process security,
- Paragraph 8 of article 37 on customer notification,
- Article 40 on authentication and process security in open banking services,
- Article 42 on authentication and process security in ATM.
Please see this link for the full text of the Amendment Regulation (only available in Turkish).
Information first published in the MA | Gazette, a fortnightly legal update newsletter produced by Moroğlu Arseven.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.