The services are categorised into:
- confirming and clearing trades;
- dissemination of prices and trading statistics;
- settlement of trades between members;
- back-office accounting and client support services;
- asset management;
- production of client monthly financial and transaction statements, and
- maintaining ledgers for own account trading of members.
The responsibilities of the Inspectorate Department of the JSE are greatly facilitated by the installation of the BDA system which supplies it with the constantly updated accounting records of each member. Total transparency is provided over all trading, quickly highlighting abnormal patterns which may imply dealing impropriety.
At the time of commencement of trading on JET, the client orders management and routing service was discontinued. Consideration is being given to developing a replacement service.
FURTHER INFORMATION CAN BE OBTAINED FROM
Internet : http://www.jse.co.za Johannesburg Stock Exchange * Public Relations Department 17 Diagonal Street * Johannesburg 2001 * Telephone 27 11 377 2200 P O Box 1174 * Johannesburg 2000 * Telefax 27 11 834 7402