Year Established: 7 September 1990
Addresses: Nikitsky pereulok 5 6th floor Moscow 103009 Russia Sitinskiy pereulok 3/25 Moscow Russia Tel No.: +7 095 232 5511 +7 503 232 5511 Fax No.: +7 095 232 5522 +7 503 232 5522 Other offices: 6 Proletarskaya Diktatura Sq. St. Petersburg 193124 Russia Tel No.: +7 812 119 6969 Fax No.: +7 812 119 6565
SENIOR PARTNER: Richard Murray, Managing Partner
- Lioudmila Mamet
- Cameron Greaves
- Stewart Naunton
No of Tax practice staff: 60
AREAS OF SPECIALISATION:
All areas; specialist groups dealing with Financial Services and Energy & Resources
Coopers & Lybrand International is one of the world's premier professional service organisations with over 67,000 people providing business and advisory services on a globally integrated basis in 125 countries. Each member firm, being national and thus prominent in its own market place, is able to combine a detailed knowledge of local customs, regulations and requirements with the resources and skills of an international network. This enables each office to take advantage of the experience and expertise in a particular sector by other offices throughout the world.
FURTHER DETAILS OF TAX PARTNERS:
Name: LIOUDMILLA MAMET
Year of Birth: 1952
Qualifications: Moscow Finance Institute, Moscow; Postgraduate course at All Union Finance Economic Institute, Moscow; Ph.D, Economics, Subject of thesis: "Fiscal Federalism in the United States of America"
Languages: Russian (native), English (fluent), German (basic knowledge)
1990 - present Coopers & Lybrand, Moscow 1979 - 1990 USSR Ministry of Finance 1975 - 1978 The Scientific Research Finance Institute of the USSR Ministry of Finance
With Coopers & Lybrand to date
- Head of Tax Department
- Drafting of EC terms of reference for financing of Russian tax inspectors' training, of development of insurance business and of a capital markets in Russia
With the USSR Ministry of Finance
- Member of working group of the USSR Supreme soviet for drafting tax legislation in 1989-1990
- Director of the department in the Main State Tax Inspectorate in charge of JVs, foreign legal entities and individuals
- Member of Soviet delegations at double tax treaty negotiations with Algeria, Canada, China, Cyprus, Brazil, Denmark, Finland, Greece, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Libya, Malaysia, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, UK and USA
- Participant of a number of international conferences and seminars on matters of taxation, a speaker at the 1987, 1990 and 1991 East-West Tax Conferences organised by the IBFD (International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation)
- Correspondent of International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation
Name: CAMERON G. GREAVES
Year of Birth: 1947
Qualification: Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
Languages: English (native), Russian (basic), French (basic), German (basic)
1995 to date Coopers & Lybrand, Moscow, Tax Partner 1991 - 1995 Berry & Berry (Solicitors) Partnership Secretary, Finance and Taxation Consultant 1990 - 1991 Private Individual, Financial Advisor 1975 - 1989 Deloitte Haskins & Sells (London & Hong Kong), Partner
- Financial executive with wide experience in consultancy and commercial management
- Extensive involvement with corporate and individual international tax planning advice in the UK and offshore
- Involvement in all areas of taxation advice in Russia, with particular responsibilities for personal and value added taxes
Name: STEWART F NAUNTON
Year of Birth: 1949
Languages: English (native), Russian (basic)
1993 to date Coopers & Lybrand, Moscow, Tax Partner 1987 - 1993 Coopers & Lybrand, London, Corporate Tax Partner 1981 - 1987 Coopers & Lybrand, Papua New Guinea, Director of Tax Service Coopers & Lybrand, Australia, Partner
In the Commonwealth of Independent States, Stewart Naunton has provided tax and regulatory advice to a wide range of Russian and foreign investors, with a particular emphasis on developing tax consultancy to major emerging business in Russia. He has headed a European Union TACIS mission which drafted a tax policy for Kazakhstan, has provided advice to the Ministry of Foreign Economic Relations of Russia, and has, for a client, reviewed the tax system of Kyrgistan. Prior to joining the Russian firm, Stewart Naunton was responsible for liaison between the United Kingdom firm and the firm's tax practices throughout the former Soviet Union and central and eastern Europe.
Stewart Naunton has extensive financial sector experience, in both the insurance industry and in banking, both wholesale and retail. In our London office he was a member of the banking sector group. During his periods in London and in the Pacific, Stewart Naunton advised a wide range of major companies in the fast moving consumer goods, shipping, mining and oil sectors.
Stewart Naunton has written a number of business guides, for small businessmen and international investors. His assignments have also included consultancies on the reform of mining and oil taxation in Papua New Guinea, and on revenue administration in Pakistan.