eg, avoiding the need for a will in different jurisdictions or avoiding forced heirship rules.
Family Financial Planning
eg, preserving assets for future generations
eg, avoiding taxes and exchange control regulations
Employee Share Incentive Schemes
eg, to maximise after tax incentives to employees
Offshore companies administered in Jersey may be used for, inter alia:
- Moving the situs of an asset to avoid, for example, Estates and Inheritance Taxes
- Personal asset holding purposes
- Corporate structures
- Personal and corporate tax planning
- Patent, ship, aircraft and similar asset owning companies
- Trading purposes
- Captive insurance and reinsurance companies
- Employment purposes to avoid high income taxes and social welfare costs
As a general rule, no Jersey tax is payable by a trust or company administered by Ernst & Young Trust Company (Jersey) Ltd [other than the exempt company fee].
We have technical briefs and brochures on many subjects, a list of which is available on request.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.
For further information please contact:
Veronica Tonge Ernst & Young Trust Company (Jersey) Limited PO Box 621 Le Gallais Chambers 54 Bath Street St Helier Jersey Channel Islands JE4 8YD Tel No: 01534 501000 Fax No: 01534 23265 E-Mail: Click Contact Link URL: Click Contact Link