This is the April edition of the Arthur Cox Environment & Planning Update, the monthly bulletin of the Arthur Cox Environment & Planning Group focused on recent developments in the industry sectors that we believe may be of particular interest to you, including all key domestic and European news.
We hope you find this Update useful. If you would like to discuss any particular topic covered, please feel free to contact a member of our group.
Arthur Cox Environment & Planning Group
- University College Cork v. Electricity Supply Board  IECA 82 – 20 March 2018
- Electricity Supply Board and Eirgrid plc v Killross Properties Ltd  IESC 22 - 18 April 2018
- Sinead Fitzpatrick and Allan Daly v An Bord Pleanála, Galway County Council and Apple Distribution International  IESCDET 61- 26 April 2018
- Case C-323/17 People Over Wind, Peter Sweetman v Coillte Teoranta – 12 April 2018
- Case C-441/17 Commission v. Poland – 17 April 2018
- Technical notice on classification of waste published by European Commission
- Proposed Regulation on the transparency and sustainability of the EU risk assessment in the food chain
National Infrastructure Bill, 2018
On 18 April 2018, Fianna Fáil's Deputy Dara Calleary introduced the National Infrastructure Bill, 2018 to the Dáil.
Professor Yvonne Scannell (Consultant) and Danielle Conaghan (Partner) will be giving an in-depth practical course on the implementation of the Habitats Directive and Appropriate Assessment under planning and other consent systems at Trinity College Law School on 24 May 2018. The Programme can be accessed here.
This article contains a general summary of developments and is not a complete or definitive statement of the law. Specific legal advice should be obtained where appropriate.