UK: Clyde & Co Advises DACH ADVISORY Group In Relation To Modul University Vienna’s 1st Campus In Dubai
Last Updated: 6 January 2016

Clyde & Co has advised DACH ADVISORY Group in relation to the establishment of Austria's Modul University Vienna's first campus in Dubai and the securing of Dubai Investments' investment of 90% of the total project cost. DACH ADVISORY Group, a specialist in the transfer of cross-border models between the German-speaking world, Russia/CIS and the Middle East, sponsored the project and holds the remaining 10% stake in the venture.

The new campus, spread across 25k square feet and Modul's first outside Austria, will be established in the DMCC in JLT, Dubai. The campus will be fully operational by September 2016.

Clyde & Co's team was led by Corporate Partner and Head of Education, Ross Barfoot, with support from Corporate Associate Matthew Gearing.

Ross Barfoot said: "We were delighted to work with and assume the responsibility of lead transaction counsel for DACH ADVISORY Group on this significant education transaction. The deal illustrates the attractiveness of the UAE for higher education institutions and the opportunity to capitalise on Dubai's leading tourism and hospitality sector. The transaction played to our strength having the largest corporate team of any other law firm in the region, as well as the leading education practice".

Zaid Maleh of DACH ADVISORY Group said: "I chose Clyde & Co because of the quality of their corporate team and their unrivalled standing in the education sector and I was not disappointed. They worked hard throughout the transaction to deliver a first- rate service to a very tight deadline. Their practical and legal knowledge was second to none".

Clyde & Co has a leading, diverse education practice based across the MENA region comprising specialist lawyers from a range of legal disciplines across the firm including corporate, commercial, regulatory, dispute resolution, employment, intellectual property, construction and real estate.

We provide commercial, pragmatic and innovative advice to education sector clients on all aspects of their business. Our depth of understanding of the education sector means that we understand our clients' operating environment and commercial needs, and is a direct result of a long standing track record of advising clients in this sector.

To print this article, all you need is to be registered on Mondaq.com.

Click to Login as an existing user or Register so you can print this article.

 
In association with
Press Releases from this Firm
Recent Content from this Firm
By John Milligan
By Nick Elwell-Sutton
By James Newton, David Willcox
By Clyde & Co LLP
By Nigel Brook
By Paul Freeman, Melissa Tang, Ashna Lazatin
By Lazar Vrbaski
By Patrick Perry
By Jai Sharma
By Sara Khoja, Sarit Thomas
Tools
Print
Font Size:
Translation
Channels