United States: Dan Butcher Dons Big Wig To Support Breast Cancer Fight
Last Updated: November 25 2015

Strasburger's managing partner Dan Butcher recently sported a hair-raising bright pink wig in support of Susan G. Komen North Texas' Big Wig fundraising initiative.  The Big Wig program involves local executives and community leaders who commit to raise at least $1,000 or more during the month of November. Their goal is to raise awareness and funds in the local fight against breast cancer. This year's five Big Wigs are:  Dan Butcher; Diane Gerstner, executive vice president of InTouch Credit Union; Kevin Jones, senior vice president and general manager of Hewlett Packard Enterprise; Cindy Morris, president and CEO of Dallas Market Center; and Barb Barton Weiszhaar, head of tax at Hewlett Packard Inc.

Butcher, who has had many family members affected by breast cancer, says, "I fight so that one day, my wife, aunts, niece, and loved ones won't have to hear the words 'You have breast cancer.' Together, we can fight this disease and we can win."

Komen North Texas will invest 75% of the funds raised in local breast health programs to provide education, screening, diagnostics, and treatment to women and men in need of assistance. The remaining 25% will be invested in the national Komen grants program.

In 2015, Susan G. Komen, the world's largest nonprofit funder of breast cancer research, announced new grants to 124 researchers in 25 states and 15 countries. The grants include $2,394,277 in new funding for research at four institutions in Texas, bringing Komen's total research investment in Texas to $94,344,277 since 1982.

Strasburger salutes Butcher and his fellow "big wigs" along with the thousands of other who volunteer their efforts on behalf of Susan G. Komen North Texas and the goal to end breast cancer. If you would like to donate,   learn about volunteer opportunities or get information about the organization, visit www.komennorthtexas.org or contact them at 972-378-4808 or info@komennorthtexas.org.

To print this article, all you need is to be registered on Mondaq.com.

Click to Login as an existing user or Register so you can print this article.

 
Some comments from our readers…
“The articles are extremely timely and highly applicable”
“I often find critical information not available elsewhere”
“As in-house counsel, Mondaq’s service is of great value”

Press Releases from this Firm
Recent Content from this Firm
By Tate Hemingson
By Sujata Ajmera
By Joseph Perera
By Sujata Ajmera
By Robert O'Boyle
By Jadd Masso
By Jadd Masso
By Joseph Struble
By David Jones
By Michelle Brockway
Tools
Print
Font Size:
Translation
Channels