- August 2, 2016 – Quattro Exploration and Production Ltd. has signed a letter of intent for the sale of certain oil and gas production facilities and lands in Western Canada to an Alberta-based oil and gas exploration and production company. The aggregate purchase price for the acquisition is $24.25 million including cash payments totalling $8 million, the issuance of four million class A common shares at a price of $0.05 per common share, representing a minimum 12.5% of the seller's common shares outstanding at closing and the assumption of estimated decommissioning liabilities totaling $12.25 million.
- August 2, 2016 – Canadian Energy Services & Technology Corp. has completed the acquisition of all of the production and specialty chemical business assets of Catalyst Oilfield Services, LLC.
- August 2, 2016 – Williams and Williams Partners are expected to finalize the agreement on the sale of their Canadian business during the third quarter of 2016, with expected combined proceeds in excess of $1 billion. Williams Partners' share will be in excess of $800 million and will help reduce the need for external capital-funding.
- August 5, 2016 – GMP Capital Inc. has agreed to acquire FirstEnergy Capital Corp. Under the definitive purchase agreement, GMP will acquire FirstEnergy for total consideration on closing of $98.6 million, consisting of approximately $58.9 million in restricted GMP common shares, with the remainder being paid by GMP through the issuance of an unsecured promissory note.
- August 10, 2016 – Keyera Corp. has acquired an additional 35% ownership interest from Bellatrix Exploration Ltd. in the O'Chiese Nees-Ohpawganu'ck gas plant and the associated gathering pipelines. Total consideration for the acquisition was $112.5 million, which included the additional working interest in the facilities, a 10-year take-or-pay commitment, an area dedication agreement and a prepayment of 35% of the estimated future construction costs of Phase 2 of Alder Flats.
- August 15, 2016 – Tidewater Midstream and Infrastructure Ltd. has entered into a take or pay agreement with a new customer, for approximately all of the current spare capacity at the Brazeau River Complex on a two-year basis beginning in Q4 2016.
- August 15, 2016 – Tidewater Midstream and Infrastructure Ltd. entered into an agreement to acquire a 100% working interest in a 33 mmcf per day sour, deep-cut gas processing facility, 250 kilometres of related pipelines and 600 acres of heavy industrial land at west Edmonton for total cash consideration of $11 million, which includes a five-to-ten year take or pay agreement with the related upstream production.
- August 17, 2016 – Enerflex Ltd. has entered into an agreement, on a bought deal basis, with a syndicate of underwriters led by Scotiabank and TD Securities Inc., pursuant to which the underwriters have agreed to purchase 7.79 million common shares of Enerflex at a price of $12.85 per common share for gross proceeds of approximately $100 million. The company has granted the underwriters an option to purchase up to an additional 1.17 million common shares at the same price and on the same terms as the offering, exercisable in whole or in part at any time up until the date which is 30 days following the closing of the offering. If the over-allotment option is exercised in full the total gross aggregate proceeds will be approximately $115 million.
- August 18, 2016 – Seven Generations Energy Ltd. closed its acquisition of Montney natural gas assets from Paramount Resources Ltd. for approximately $1.9 billion in total consideration consisting of cash, Seven Generations shares and the assumption of a portion of Paramount's debt.
- August 19, 2016 – Perisson Petroleum Corporation has completed the final stage of the closing process related to the purchase of the Twining assets by completing the final statement of adjustments related to the purchase.
- August 24, 2016 – Horizon North Logistics Inc. has completed the acquisition of Empire Camp Equipment Ltd. which provides camp and well site buildings for the Energy, Mining & Construction sectors.
- August 25, 2016 – Ikkuma Resources Corp. has completed a strategic acquisition of certain Foothills natural gas assets for $2.7 million.
- August 26, 2016 – Altura Energy Inc. has entered into an agreement to purchase high-quality oil assets located in east-central Alberta. The acquisition is expected to close on September 21, 2016 for cash consideration of $4 million, subject to closing adjustments.
- August 3, 3016 – Bear Paw Pipeline Corporation Inc., an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Liquefied Natural Gas Limited received approval from the Nova Scotia Utility and Review Board to construct a 62.5 kilometre natural gas pipeline from Goldboro to the proposed Bear Head LNG export facility in Point Tupper, Richmond County, Nova Scotia.
- August 8, 2016 – Inter Pipeline Ltd. has entered into an agreement to acquire the shares of the Williams Companies Inc.'s and Williams Partners L.P.'s Canadian natural gas liquids midstream businesses for cash consideration of $1.35 billion, subject to closing adjustments. The transaction is expected to close in the third quarter of 2016 and is subject to approval under the Competition Act.
Dentons is the world's first polycentric global law firm. A top 20 firm on the Acritas 2015 Global Elite Brand Index, the Firm is committed to challenging the status quo in delivering consistent and uncompromising quality and value in new and inventive ways. Driven to provide clients a competitive edge, and connected to the communities where its clients want to do business, Dentons knows that understanding local cultures is crucial to successfully completing a deal, resolving a dispute or solving a business challenge. Now the world's largest law firm, Dentons' global team builds agile, tailored solutions to meet the local, national and global needs of private and public clients of any size in more than 125 locations serving 50-plus countries. www.dentons.com
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances. Specific Questions relating to this article should be addressed directly to the author.