Learn about the most important professional regulatory Court cases of the past year. What are the key legal trends? What are the strategic and operational implications for regulators? Presented by James Casey, QC and Kim Precht of Field Law's Professional Regulatory Group, the key cases address such topics as:
- Sexual abuse and sexual misconduct- process and sanctions
- Social media and discipline for off-duty conduct
- The duty of civility versus freedom of expression
- Regulation of e-commerce and unauthorized practice
- The Charter of Rights and Freedoms-impact on professionals and regulators
- Litigation over mobility rights and "good character" assessments
- Claims against regulators and immunity defences
- The breadth of the regulator's public interest mandate
- Mental illness defences in professional discipline proceedings
Who should attend? This webinar is designed for anyone who wants to stay current with the most important legal cases and trends affecting professional regulators including staff at all levels, Council members, committee members, and tribunal members .
Tuesday, January 22
Noon - 1:30 PM MST
|Group of 3-5 Attendees*||$250|
|Group of 6+ Attendees*||$500|
*Group pricing is available to attendees from the same organization watching the webinar together in the same room.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.