There are no judgments this week.
National Health Act 1953 - Amendment determination under sections 85, 85A and 88 - pharmaceutical benefits (No. PB 45 of 2010) - F2010L01374 - Health - This Determination amends the National Health Act 1953 - Determinations under sections 85, 85A and 88 - Pharmaceutical benefits (No. PB 15 of 2010) to provide name, dosage and method of administration of drugs in the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme.
National Health Act 1953 - Amendment determination under subsections 85AB(1) and 85AC(1) - drugs on F1 and drugs in Part A of F2 (No. PB 47 of 2010) - F2010L01378 - Health - This instrument amends the National Health Act 1953 - Determination under subsection 85AB(1) and 85AC(1) - drugs on F1 and drugs in Part A of F2 (No. PB 95 of 2007) to provide for listed drugs to be assigned to formularies identified as F1 and F2.
National Health Act 1953 - Amendment special arrangements under subsection 100(1) - Highly Specialised Drugs Program (No. PB 51 of 2010) - F2010L01429 - Health - This instrument amends the National Health Act 1953 - Special Arrangements under subsection 100(1) - Highly specialised drugs program for public hospitals 2010 (No. PB 125 of 2009) to provide adequate supply of those highly specialised drugs.
National Health Act 1953 - Special arrangements (Variation) made under subsection 100(2) - IVF/GIFT Program (No. PB 52 of 2010) - F2010L01430 - Health - This instrument amends the National Health Act 1953 - Arrangements made under subparagraph 100(1)(b)(i) - IVF/GIFT Program (No. PB 26 of 2007) to provide that an adequate supply of special pharmaceutical products will be available to persons receiving in vitro fertilisation or gamete intra-fallopian transfer treatment.
National Health Act (Pharmaceutical Benefits - Early Supply) Amendment June 2010 - Specification Under Subsection 84AAA(2) (No. PB 53 of 2010) - F2010L01437 - Health - This Determination amends the National Health Act (Pharmaceutical Benefits - Early Supply) - specification under subsection 84AAA(2) Instrument 2009 (No. PB 30 of 2009) to provide pharmaceutical benefits that can be resupplied inside 20 days on the one prescription.
style='mso-bidi-font-family:Arial'>National Health Act 1953 - Amendment determination under section 84AF - responsible persons (No. PB 46 of 2010) - F2010L01375 - Health - This Determination amends the National Health Act 1953 - Determination under section 84AF - responsible persons (No. PB 16 of 2010) to determine responsible persons for a brand of a pharmaceutical item in the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme.
Health Practitioner (National Uniform Legislation) Implementation Act 2010 No. 18 - assented to on 20/05/2010 [Not available online as an Act]
Voluntary Euthanasia Bill 2010 - private member's Bill, sponsored by Robin Chapple MLC. - Legislative Council second reading speech 20 May 2010.
Australia. Department of Health & Ageing
- 26 May 2010- National Palliative Care Week 2010 - $14 Million Boost -Minister for Health Nicola Roxon and Minister for Ageing Justine Elliot, marked National Palliative Care Week 2010 by announcing $14.3 million to fund nine projects for improved palliative care services, research, training and information.
- 25 May 2010- Breast Cancer Summit in Darwin: Supporting Sisters and Aunties to Survive!-More than 50 women representing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities as far afield as Alice Springs and the Tiwi Islands, along with Aboriginal Health Workers and other health professionals, are expected to attend a breast cancer summit in Darwin on 26 May.
- 24 May 2010- More Beds and Jobs for the ACT - Aged Care Boost-Minister for Ageing Justine Elliot and ACT Chief Minister Jon Stanhope, officially opened IRT's $99 million aged care village 'Kangara Waters' in Belconnen
- 21 May 2010- Minister Welcomes Release of Productivity Commission's Aged Care Inquiry Issues Paper - Minister for Ageing Justine Elliot welcomed the Productivity Commission's release of the Issues Paper for its public inquiry into the future of Australia's aged care system.
- 21 May 2010- More than $19 Million to Train More than 4,000 Aged Care Workers-Minister for Ageing, Justine Elliot announced that the Australian Government will invest more than $19 million to upskill more than 4,000 aged care workers.
Private Health Insurance Circular - PHI 34/10 – Lifetime Health Cover Direct Mailout
National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Aged Care Forum - The Department of Health and Ageing together with the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Home and Community Care (HACC) Reference Group invites you to submit an abstract that addresses one or more of the Forum themes.
Australia. Therapeutic Goods Administration
- Streamlined submission process (updated)
- TGA prescription medicine streamlined submission process - questions and answers (new)
- TGA prescription medicine streamlined submission process - update (new)
Fourth bill to enhance the Therapeutic Goods Act1989 passed by Parliament (updated) The Bill principally implements the new Biologicals regulatory framework
Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
Wednesday 26 May 2010 - The fourteenth meeting of the Agency Management Committee - The fourteenth meeting of the Agency Management Committee was held in Melbourne on 11 May 2010.
Australia. Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
Monday 24 May 2010 - Assignment of Accreditation Function to ANMC - On 22 April the Australian Health Workforce Ministerial Council (AHWMC) announced that it had assigned the accreditation function for the nursing and midwifery professions to a restructured Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council. - The assignment of the accreditation function for nursing and midwifery to ANMC - 24 May 2010 (pdf, 270kb)
Australia. National Health & Medical Research Council
Leading International Researches come to Canberra 27 May 2010 - The National Health and Medical Council (NHMRC) along with representatives from 14 countries will be meeting in Canberra this week as part of the Human Frontier Science Program (HFSP) Intergovernmental Conference 27-28 May 2010. - View Media Release
More Answers for Doctors on Genetic Tests 24 May 2010 - Australian health professionals and the public will benefit from Medical Genetic Testing: Information for Health Professionals released by the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) today. - » View Media Release
Australian Institute of Health & Welfare
Alcohol and Other Drug Treatment Services National Minimum Data Set 2010-11: Specifications and collection manual The guidelines have been prepared as a reference for those involved in collecting and supplying the data for the Alcohol and Other Drug Treatment Services National Minimum Data Set (AODTS-NMDS). ... Published 28 May 2010.
Younger People with Disability in Residential Aged Care Program: Report on the 2008-09 Minimum Data Set - Younger People with Disability in Residential Aged Care Program: Report on the 2008-09 Minimum Data Set includes information from the 2008-09 younger People with Disability in Residential Aged Care Minimum ... Published 27 May 2010.
National Opioid Pharmacotherapy Statistical Annual Data collection: 2009 report - The National Opioid Pharmacotherapy Statistical Annual Data collection: 2009 report provides information on key questions relating to the number of clients receiving pharmacotherapy treatment, the type of treatment they receive, ... Published 26 May 2010.
National Opioid Pharmacotherapy Statistics Annual Data (NOPSAD) 2010 collection: Data guide - The National Opioid Pharmacotherapy Statistics Annual Data (NOPSAD) 2010 data guide has been prepared as a reference for those involved in collecting and supplying data for the NOPSAD collection.... Published 26 May 2010.
Cervical screening in Australia 2007-2008 - This data report uses the previous definition of performance indicators, and supplies up-to-date data, but with no commentary. A full report using the new definitions of the performance indicators ... Published 25 May 2010.
New South Wales. Department of Health
- NSW Health HIV Alert[25 May 2010]
- Demand For Palliative Care To Rise With An Ageing Population [28May 2010]
- Hospitals performing more elective surgery[25 May 2010]
- Winter Illness Campaign - "The Spread of Flu is Up To You"[24 May 2010]
Northern Territory. Department of Health & Families
Hospital admissions prompt Central Australia gastroenteritis warning - 24 May 2010- The Department of Health and Families (DHF) has advised Central Australia residents in urban and remote areas, including the Barkly Region, to take precautions against gastroenteritis illness following the hospitalisation of seven children over the weekend.
Queensland. Department of Health
South Australia. Department of Health
25 May 2010 - Measles case in Adelaide Metro Region (PDF 52Kb) - Public Health Alert
24 May 2010 - Availability of seasonal influenza vaccine in the private market place (pdf 45kb) - Public Health Information
- SA organ donation rate best in Australia - Monday, 24 May 2010 - South Australia has the highest rate of organ donation in the country, currently at 20 donors forevery million people, compared to the national rate of 11 donors per million people.- Read more...
- The bids are in for the new RAH - Friday, 21 May 2010 - The final bids to finance, build and maintain the new Royal Adelaide Hospital have been received. - Read more...
Tasmania. Department of Health & Human Services
DHHS Progress Chart - February 2010 - 24 May 2010
Victoria. Department of Health
- Classes Start In New $20 Million Geelong Clinical School - Friday, 28May 2010 - Construction of the new Barwon Health Clinical School is complete, with Health Minister Daniel Andrews officially opening the doors to the new $20 million Geelong facility today.
- Healesville Hospital Upgrade Helps Local Residents Published: - 21/05/2010
- New Yea Ambulance Station Officially Opened Published: - 21/05/2010
- Paramedics to Continue in Kinglake Published: - 21/05/2010
$473 million for the development of the new Bendigo Hospital - 26 May 2010 - The Victorian Government has committed $473 million for the development of the new Bendigo Hospital on the historic Anne Caudle site.
Cancer Information & Support Service turns 20 - 26 May 2010 - Cancer Council Victoria's Cancer Information and Support Service has celebrated 20 years of supporting Victorians affected by cancer.
Health Victoria - May 2010
Health alert - Legionnaires' disease - May 2010
Hospital circular - Publication Number 15/2010 - 26 May 2010 - Subject: Identification of a hypervirulent strain of Clostridium difficile
Victoria. Auditor-General's Office
Western Australia. Department of Health
- Seven new ambulances for the Kimberley 28 May 2010
- New plans under way for Royal Perth Hospital redevelopment 28 May 2010
Western Australia. Office of Health Review
Health Review 9 - 27/05/2010 Click here
New Zealand. Ministry of Health
United Kingdom. Department of Health
British Medical Association
BMA says current revalidation plans need major rethink - Doctors' leaders today (Friday 28 May 2010) called on the General Medical Council (GMC) to go back to the drawing board and rethink the revalidation proposals for all UK doctors. (Fri 28 May 2010)
BMA welcomes prescription charge review as a step in the right direction and repeats call for abolition - Professor Ian Gilmore's review of prescription charges, published today (Thursday 27 May, 2010) recommends an extension of the list of conditions that are exempt, and a review of wider policy "with an open mind towards either abolishing prescription charges altogether, or wider reform". (Thu 27 May 2010)
Health Alert is a summary of the critical judgments, legislation, press releases and news items which have come to our attention each week.
The summaries contain links to more detailed information and many items of special interest will also contain commentary.
Health Alert is a quick and effective means of ensuring that you are aware of significant recent changes.
To view the full Health Alert (PDF) follow this link.
© DLA Phillips Fox
DLA Phillips Fox is one of the largest legal firms in Australasia and a member of DLA Piper Group, an alliance of independent legal practices. It is a separate and distinct legal entity. For more information visit www.dlaphillipsfox.com